Air is one of Europe’s leading multi-disciplinary design studios specialising in strategy, branding, wayfinding, signage, interior design and architecture, primarily for retail centres and mixed-use destinations. We work all over Europe, CIS and the Middle East and we take pride in having worked on some of the best retail destinations in the world with some great clients. We’re passionate about design and are dedicated to making places people love.
We’re looking for an Administration Assistant to join our highly creative team and help the Studio Manager with daily duties.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have great organisational skills and the capacity to prioritise, multi-task, take initiative, and to use Word and Excel proficiently.
We are looking for a happy and positive personality, open to supporting the studio and working closely with the Studio Manager.
Daily tasks include:
- Be a welcoming first point of contact for all visitors and callers to the studio, both on the phone and in person
- Put calls through to relevant studio members and take messages as required
- Arrange travel booking for Directors and staff (including visa applications, flights and accommodation and prepare travel itineraries)
- Monitor and maintain regular deliveries of stationery; kitchen and sanitation supplies; IT and printer consumables
- Help maintain optimum working conditions in the studio, ensuring repairs are organised and implemented swiftly; oversee cleaning staff and ensure IT problems/requests are dealt with promptly and computers software updated
- Monitor back-up and archiving
- Keep accurate records of staff holidays and assist with HR administrative tasks
- Help organise and plan social activities such as Friday ‘beer o’clock’, birthday presents, and the annual Christmas party
- Support the Project and Studio Managers with project management tasks when required
- Support studio manager in invoicing, credit control, PAYE, bank cheques
- Keep records of project and studio expenses (Receipt Bank)
- Process purchase invoices & record all financial transactions on Receipt Bank and Xero
- Help with preparation of details for company attendance at annual exhibitions and events
- Update company email database
- Assist with updating Air digital/social media and with company news, views, job posts, photos and latest design work (e.g. website, LinkedIn, Instagram etc)
HR Support Responsibilities
- Posting recruitment advertisements
- Organising CVs and responses
- Setting up interview times
- Issuing offer letters, freelance and permanent contracts
- Managing and recording holiday requests and highlighting conflicts
Skills & Experience:
- Strong organisational skills and the capacity to prioritise, multi-task and use their initiative
- Graduate or 2-3 years’ administrative experience in a dynamic, team environment
- Proactive and personable with excellent written and oral communication skills and an eye for detail
- Team player
- IT literate and numerate (e.g. Microsoft Office; basic accounting software; social media apps)
- Punctual, organised and well presented
- Strong general IT skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an advantage
Whilst experience is preferred: if you are a capable graduate who can demonstrate a genuine desire to learn and progress professionally in the creative industry, it’s not essential – we will still consider you.
This is a truly excellent opportunity, with scope for growth within a supportive studio environment.
Air Design Ltd is an Equal Opportunities and Age Positive Employer.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org