At Air, we make places people love. By putting people at the heart of our ideas and execution, we create inspiring environments that bring new life, ease-of-use and innovation to new and existing spaces. We’re experts at placemaking, branding, wayfinding and signage strategy and interior design for some of the world’s most progressive retail developers, owners and operators.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a small and friendly team, using your creativity and design skills to influence the way people use and enjoy their surroundings.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and talented Junior Graphic Designer who wants to develop their existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects, both in the UK and overseas. These projects encompass a broad range of deliverables (including but not limited to):
- Branding and marketing materials
- Wayfinding & product design
- Interior and environmental graphics
- Digital, UX and UI design
To help the creative team see projects through from start to completion by working on any or all of the following stages, as required:
- Concept design
- Detailed design
As well as designing graphics across a wide range of projects, communication is a big part of the job and common activities will include:
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Communicating with senior team members and responding to feedback
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members
- Supporting the team throughout the research and execution of campaigns and projects
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience:
We want you to enjoy being part of a team and to feel confident in contributing to the entire creative process, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are a key requirement for this role. In turn, we provide an approachable, level platform from which everyone can demonstrate their awareness of current trends, human behaviours and the latest in technological innovations – so your knowledge of these will be advantageous!
A degree, or a year’s experience working in a graphic design studio team is the minimum qualification required, as is a good knowledge of the following software:
You will also have:
- Creative flair and adaptability
- Confidence to work on concept, schematic and detailed design stages
- Confidence in producing production-ready, artwork materials with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to assimilate information quickly
- The ability to create concepts, mood boards and presentations
- The ability to take direction or work off your own initiative as required
- A helpful, positive, proactive, and conscientious attitude
What we offer:
- A hard-working yet friendly and sociable team environment
- Huge opportunities for professional progression and to learn new skills
- A good variety of work across several different disciplines
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Friday “Beer O’clock” drinks
- Free admission to museums and art galleries and evening talks
- A competitive salary
About the role
- This position is available for March 2021 and is a full-time position. At this current time, this will start off as a full-time remote position as our London office has closed due to Covid-19. As we are all currently working from home, remote communication within the company has been set up on Google Hangouts for open and regular contact.
- Our working hours are 9-6pm Monday to Thursday and 9-5pm on Friday. The job may occasionally require you to work hours that are not typical so a flexible approach, within reason, is expected.
- Only those eligible to work in the UK or who have a valid UK work permit/visa will be considered for this position.
- You will be asked to show a strong, ideas-led portfolio at the interview to demonstrate your understanding of layout, typography, colour and their application.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! We are welcoming freelance or permanent roles!
Please send a CV and portfolio demonstrating your relevant experience, qualifications, and enthusiasm to: email@example.com
No agencies please.