About the role:
We are looking for a creative Interior and Product Designer to design and build a high-quality model for a large-scale shopping centre. This will involve advanced modelling skills in either 3ds Max or Revit. This will also involve essential skills in Autocad, Photoshop and InDesign.
This role is a temporary freelance position beginning in May 2020, but this is subject to change.
This will be a remote position as our London office has temporarily closed due to COVID-19. You must have a fast, powerful and high-spec computer set-up at home to efficiently complete this large-scale modelling task.
Essential skills and experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience within at least one or more of the following sectors: retail, shopping centres, leisure, public realm, or hospitality
- Advance skills in building large, high-quality models in 3ds Max or Revit
- Advance skills in producing detailed design drawings and packages for mall interiors including joinery items and furniture using Autocad, 3ds Max or Revit
- To have a detailed understanding of the set-up, organisation, and procedures of Autocad, 3ds Max or Revit documentations and drawings
- Knowledge of materials, interior coatings and construction methods
- The ability to create and resolve creative design solutions and develop them into visuals and reality
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to understand and interpret client briefs
- Experience working on large-scale projects
- Team player with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good English-speaking skills to regularly and effectively communicate with team members whilst working remotely
- Excellent multi-tasking, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to plan time remotely to efficiently meet specific client deadlines
- Ability to take direction from Head of Interiors and to support younger members when producing drawings packages as part of a project team
At Air, we make places people love. By putting people at the heart of our ideas and execution, we create inspiring environments that bring new life, ease-of-use and innovation to new and existing spaces. We’re experts at placemaking, retail strategy, branding, wayfinding and interior design for some of the world’s most progressive retail developers, owners and operators.
As we are currently working from home, remote communication within the company has been set up on Google Hangouts for open and regular contact.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a small, friendly team, using your creativity and design skills to influence the way people use and enjoy their surroundings.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Please send a CV and portfolio demonstrating your relevant experience, qualifications and enthusiasm to: firstname.lastname@example.org